Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Add hoisin sauce, vegetable oil and ginger to large resealable bag. Mix ingredients together in bag.
Place chicken wings inside bag and coat wings with sauce.
Remove chicken wings from bag and place on large baking sheet. Sprinkle peppers on baking sheet with wings. Sprinkle wings with half of the sesame seeds and place in oven.
Cook for approximately 10 to 15 minutes and then remove baking sheet from oven. With tongs, turn wings over to cook on other side. Sprinkle wings with remaining sesame seeds and return baking sheet to oven.
Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until wings are thoroughly cooked.
Sprinkle wings with sesame oil and serve with pepper strips.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 lb (1.4 kg) chicken wings, split
- 1 cup (250 mL) hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 green pepper, cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red pepper, cored, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil