Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Place chicken in baking dish. Mix together lime and olive oil and brush on both sides of chicken pieces.
Mix together spices, except salt, in a small bowl. Sprinkle spices all over chicken pieces. Bake for approximately 40 minutes in oven or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C). Flip halfway through baking and baste with pan juices.
Meanwhile, make raita by mashing banana and stirring into plain yogurt with garam masala, cayenne and salt.
Cook the rice according to package directions in unsalted water. During last few minutes add the frozen mixed vegetables and cover with lid and finish cooking.
Serve chicken on top of rice and pour pan juices over chicken. Garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro (optional). Pass banana raita separately.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, whole
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) ginger, ground
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin, ground
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) coriander, ground
- 1 banana, ripe
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt, 2–4% MF
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) garam masala
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) basmati rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 sprigs cilantro, for garnish