Cut chicken breast into 2” (5 cm) squares. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary and thyme in a plastic zip lock bag. Add chicken pieces and toss well to coat. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for at least an hour and preferably overnight.
Coat a baking tray with vegetable oil cooking spray. Space chicken pieces apart on tray and bake in a preheated 425°F (220°C) oven for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
Meanwhile, make dip by combining yogurt with finely minced garlic, freshly-ground black pepper, salt and dill weed in a small bowl. Sprinkle with paprika and place in centre of platter.
Cut pitas into 8 wedges each and place on oven proof plate. Heat them in the oven during last the 5 minutes of chicken cooking time.
To serve arrange chicken pieces, pitas and vegetable dippers around yogurt dip. Offer guests small plates and enjoy!
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), large, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rosemary, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rosemary, dried
- 1 tsp (5 mL) thyme, fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) thyme, dried
- 6 whole wheat pita, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) plain yogurt, 1-2% MF
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dill, dried
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) paprika
- 1 green pepper(s), sliced
- 30 baby carrots
- 1 English cucumber, sliced