Combine fresh lime juice, low sodium Tamari, grated ginger root, curry powder, minced garlic, cayenne and sugar for marinade in a medium size bowl.
Cut chicken thigh into bite-sized pieces and add to marinade. Refrigerate for a minimum of an hour and up to 3 hours.
Cook the brown rice in unsalted water for time specified on package - about 45 minutes.
Heat oil over high heat in a non-stick pan. Sauté chicken with marinade for 4 minutes, stirring often, until cooked through.
Stir in carrots and stir-fry another few minutes. Stir in green onions, baby bok choy and mung bean sprouts and stir-fry for another minute or two until tender crisp.
To serve press cooked rice into timbale molds or small bowl. Unmold to one side onto individual serving plates. Spread lime chicken curry around. Garnish with minced cilantro and chopped peanuts.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tamari, light, gluten free
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ginger, freshly grated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown basmati rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 carrot(s), thinly sliced
- 2 green onion(s), sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby bok choy, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) green cabbage
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach
- 2 cups (500 mL) mung bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) peanuts, chopped
Bok choy, also known as Pak-choi, is an Asian cabbage. Substitutes can be green cabbage or baby spinach.