Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C). Whisk together the mustard and milk in a shallow dish. Cut each chicken breast into 4 pieces and coat in this mixture.
In a large, shallow dish mix together the bread crumbs, Romano cheese, flour, garlic and oregano powder. Using a dry hand, scoop and pat the crumbs over the chicken breasts in this second mixture. Place in a glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick vegetable oil. Spread nuggets out so they will be crispy and brown.
Toss sweet potatoes in a bowl with olive oil, garlic, paprika and black pepper. Bake on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick vegetable spray. Spread fries out so they will be crispy and brown.
Bake the chicken and sweet potato fries for 30-45 minutes until crisp, browned and cooked through.
Nuggets should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) 2% milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) breadcrumbs, dry, fine
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Romano cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) oregano, dried
- 4 cups (1 L) sweet potatoe(s), peeled, cut into French fry sticks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sweet paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
Serve with your favourite dipping sauces.