Put the ground chicken, rolled oats, BBQ sauce, onion, red pepper, egg, parsley, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Divide the mixture in 4 and shape into patties.
In a heavy-bottomed pan, cook the patties in the oil over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 175°F (80°C).
Spread sun-dried tomato pesto on Kaiser buns. Place one patty on each bun and add toppings. Serve burgers with a quinoa and raw vegetable salad. The chicks will love these!
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
Healthy Chick Chicken Burgers:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) barbecue sauce, homemade or purchased
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red peppers, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 avocado, cut into strips
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) alfalfa
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 Kaiser or ciabatta rolls
- salt, to taste
- pepper, freshly ground, to taste