Place chicken in a wide dish. Spread out so it covers the widest area possible. Evenly sprinkle with the remaining burger ingredients.
Stir with a fork or use your fingers to evenly distribute ingredients. Stir chicken as little as possible because working it toughens the burger. Divide in four, then form each into a burger about 1/2 inch (1 cm) thick. To avoid a bulging centre, use your thumb to gently press an indent in the centre of each.
Coat a wide frying pan with oil or spray and place over medium heat. Add burgers and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes a side. Then decrease heat to medium-low. Cover and continue cooking 4 to 5 more minutes a side.
Meanwhile stir sour cream with Dijon until blended. Serve burgers in warm buns topped with dollops of the Dijon-sour cream, sliced ripe tomatoes and thinly sliced cucumber.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) Havarti cheese, grated
- 1 cup (250 mL) Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dill, fresh, finely-chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) green onion(s), chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) capers, finely-chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- zest of one lemon
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream, for garnish
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard, for garnish
- tomato(es), sliced (for garnish)
- cucumber, sliced (for garnish)