Heat oil over medium heat in a non-stick skillet. Sauté ground chicken with onion and red pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains.
Add chili powder and sauté another minute.
Stir in salsa and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for another 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice English muffins in half; toast under broiler. Spoon ½ cup (125 mL) chicken mixture over bottom halves; cover with tops and serve.
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) lean ground chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) onions, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) red peppers, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 2 cups (500 mL) salsa, prepared
- 8 English muffins, whole wheat
Makes 1 litre of sauce which is enough for eight ½ cup (125 mL) servings.