Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Heat oil over medium heat in non-stick skillet. Cut chicken thighs in long strips across the grain - about 1 cm wide. Sauté in oil with garlic, red onion, chili pepper flakes and 1 teaspoon of oregano for 5 minutes. Add red wine, yellow and red pepper slices and sliced mushrooms and sauté a few more minutes. Chicken should be cooked through and reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Place ready-made pizza crusts on baking pan and spread with ¼ cup (60 mL) sauce on each of the two bases. Top with chicken and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle on sliced heirloom cherry tomatoes, small chunks of goat cheese and Friulano cheese. Finish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and the remaining oregano.
Place in preheated oven and bake 10-15 minutes until crust starts to brown. If desired, broil 2 minutes to brown toppings.
Cut each pizza into four slices and enjoy!
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 0.5 lb (0 kg) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp (10 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 0.25 red onion(s), sliced
- 0.25 tsp (0 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) oregano, dried
- 1 tsp (5 mL) oregano, dried
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine, dry
- 0.5 red pepper(s), sliced
- 0.5 yellow pepper(s), sliced
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pizza crust, whole grain, 9-inch (23 cm)
- 0.5 cups (0 mL) pizza sauce
- 6 heirloom cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3.5 oz (90 g) goat cheese, semi-soft, 30% mf
- 4 oz (115 g) Friulano cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Parmesan cheese, peeled, grated
This recipe was tested with 2 pizza bases. You can also use an 18” prepared pizza base or make a home-made crust using recipe for home-made crust under recipe for Grilled Chicken Pizza Margherita.