The Raised by a Canadian Farmer brand stands for quality. When consumers choose chicken with this logo, they know that they’re getting the best from their local farmers.
This logo is powerful. Its strength is backed by hard data, with market research clearly showing that more Canadians than ever want Canadian chicken. In less than three years, this distinctive logo has a become a recognized brand, sought after by more and more consumers. We want you to join in this success.
When your customers see this logo on their chicken, it builds confidence and trust in where their food is coming from, and how it’s raised. The Raised by a Canadian Farmer brand means our chicken is raised right here in Canada according to strict animal care and food safety standards.
· Chicken farmers adhere to a strict, mandatory and auditable Animal Care Program to ensure high animal care standards are being upheld on Canadian chicken farms across Canada. It is also third-party audited by NSF International, an internationally-recognized, third-party certification body, accredited by the American National Standards Institute, to ISO 17065.
·The Program covers all aspects of humanely raising chickens including feed and water access, environmental controls, bird monitoring and handling, stocking density, litter management, and health care practices. It is founded on codes developed by the National Farm Animal Care Council (NFACC). NFACC is a world leader in bringing together stakeholders with different perspectives – farmers, veterinarians, processors, transporters, animal welfare associations, and provincial/ federal governments.
·Ours is the only program capable of ensuring animal welfare on all 2,800 chicken farms in Canada. It is mandatory and strictly enforced.
·Farmers in Canada have a responsibility to the birds they raise, to the industry, to their fellow farmers, and to consumers for upholding high principles of animal health and welfare on the farm.
· Chicken farmers are also committed to sustainability through innovation, by preserving the health of the land, providing value to Canada’s economy, and making affordable food for Canadians.
· A life cycle assessment was recently completed to evaluate the environmental impacts of chicken production, from the broiler breeder stage right through to processing. When considering the average carbon footprint of chicken in different regions around the world, Canadian chicken production has the lowest carbon footprint overall.
· Due to major productivity gains and improvements in the feed to gain ratio over the last 40 years, there has been a 37% reduction in the carbon footprint, and a 45% reduction in water use. Also, 62% of the entire sector’s energy use comes from renewable sources.
On Farm Food Safety
· Chicken Farmers of Canada’s On-Farm Food Safety Program is the national standard for chicken producers in Canada and the first program of its kind to receive full federal, provincial and territorial government recognition. It ensures that strict safety procedures and standardized safety systems are found on every Canadian chicken farm, from coast to coast, allowing Canadian chicken farmers to continue to produce a safe, high quality product for Canadian families.
· Audited annually, and third party audited, 100% of Canada’s chicken farmers are certified on the program. Like the Animal Care Program, this is the only program capable of ensuring food safety on all 2,800 chicken farms in Canada. It is also mandatory and strictly enforced.
· The On-Farm Food Safety Program emphasizes animal health, cleanliness and safety throughout each step of the production cycle, and follows strict biosecurity measures to protect animal health and prevent flock infections from outside sources.
The Raised by a Canadian Farmer brand is synonymous with origin and quality – but both consumers and farmers wanted it to mean more. Now, when consumers choose chicken with the Raised by a Canadian Farmer logo, they know that they’re getting the best from their local farmers.
Here are just a few of the retailers who’ve signed onto the brand:
And many more.
With our highly successful branding program, you…
• Show consumers you care about providing them with high quality, Canadian-raised products.
• Give Canadians a direct connection with the farmers. Research shows that people are more likely to buy chicken if it has a label showing it’s from Canada rather than elsewhere
• Gain access to a robust, integrated marketing program which provides you with a range of additional support while raising awareness of your brand.
This brand adds value, so let’s work together. Contact email@example.com to get the ball rolling.