Supply Management
I heard that supply management means that Canadian chicken farmers are inefficient and unproductive.
See Answer
hormones
Do farmers use steroids or other hormones to grow huge chickens?
See Answer
debeak
Do you cut chickens’ beaks off so they can’t peck each other?
See Answer
How do you distribute 1 billion kilograms of chicken to consumers?

Most (62%) Canadian-produced chicken is sold through retail stores. The remaining 38% is through restaurants (fast food 23%, full service 10%), hotels and institutions (5%).

See Answer
How many people are employed by, or in, the chicken industry?

The Canadian chicken industry is responsible for a total of 55,943 jobs on farms, in processing plants, in the transportation industry, etc. The production sector represents about 30,000 jobs.

See Answer
Is Canada's chicken industry important to the economy?

Our industry makes a valuable contribution to Canada's economy every year. The Canadian chicken industry (both production and processing): is responsible for a total of 55,943 jobs (the production sector contributes 30,000 jobs); generates $1.78 billion in wages and personal income (the production sector represents $660 million in terms of wages and income); and contributes close to $9.9 billion to the Canadian economy as total economic activity generated (the production sector chips in more than $3.4 billion).

See Answer

Stay Updated

Sign up for our newsletter today!

Alert!

Close
OK

Modal Title!

Close

Error!

Close
OK
Close
Cancel OK

Prompt

Close
Cancel OK

Confirm

Close
Cancel OK