- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oil over medium heat. Place chicken breasts, skin side down and brown on both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil and sauté garlic for one minute; add onion, oregano, rosemary, olives and zucchini and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until zucchini starts to brown. Remove vegetable mixture from pan and set aside.
- Add white wine to the pan and deglaze. Return chicken and vegetable mixture to the pan; stir in cherry and diced tomatoes. Cover with a tight fitting lid and bake in oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 165°F (74°C)
To deglaze, gently rub a wooden spoon over the bottom surface of the Dutch oven until the brown “bits” left from sautéing the food are lifted. This process allows you to capture the great flavors created by the sautéing process.