- To make curry BBQ sauce, combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Dice boneless and skinless chicken into 1.5 inch/4 cm cubes and add to curry BBQ sauce to marinate.
- Scrub skins of sweet potatoes under running water. Pierce with fork and microwave 4-5 minutes on high power. Cool slightly and cut into large 1.5 inch cubes. Test sweet potatoes to make sure they are soft enough to skewer but not so soft they fall apart during cooking.
- Cut onions and yellow pepper into larger 1.5 inch uniform size chunks. Add all vegetables to marinade and combine well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes and up to 24 hours.
- Soak 8 - 12 inch bamboo skewers in warm water 15 minutes to stop them from burning on the grill. Prepare skewers by threading each with a piece of chicken, followed by chunks of sweet potato, onion, yellow pepper and pineapple.
- Bring leftover marinade to a boil and simmer covered for 3 minutes. Set aside and serve as a dipping sauce with the skewers.
- Grill kebobs over medium high heat until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), approximately 7-9 minutes per side. Turn to cook evenly. Serve with dipping sauce.
Recipe measurements are based on juice from 1 orange, 1 lime and 1 lemon.
Serves: 8 skewers or enough for 2 skewers per person. To make 16+ appetizer size skewers cut chicken and vegetables into smaller pieces and thread on smaller bamboo skewers.