- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a skillet, brown chicken; add shallots and continue cooking until softened.
- Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken stock, lemongrass, lime leaves and lime juice. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes.
- Remove lid; add hot pepper flakes and coconut milk.
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve immediately with jasmine rice.
Green curry paste is a concentrated blend of chilis, lemongrass, garlic, and lime that adds both heat and flavour to curry dishes. It can be found in bottles or packages in the Asian section of grocery stores or at Asian specialty shops.
Indonesian lime leaves come from a tree grown in Southeast Asia and Hawaii. The glossy, dark green leaves have a wonderful flora-citrus aroma and can be found dried, and occasionally fresh, in Asian markets. If Indonesian lime leaves are not available, use the rind of one lime.