In large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat; cook garlic, shallots and red pepper until softened, about 3 minutes.
Add chicken, half of the cilantro, the fish sauce, lime rind and juice, peanut butter, chili sauce, soy sauce, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
Add chicken stock and coconut milk; bring to boil. Break up noodles and stir into broth; return to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 7 minutes.
Stir in shrimp; simmer just until pink, about 3 minutes. Ladle into bowls; top with remaining cilantro and peanuts.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), cubed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 red pepper(s), chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fish sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime zest, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) hot chili sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) coriander, ground
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cumin, ground
- 1 salt, pinch
- 1 black pepper, pinch
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chicken broth
- 2 cans coconut milk, 400 ml cans
- 7 oz (200 g) wide rice noodles
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) shrimp, raw, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) blanched raw peanuts, chopped