Slice chicken breast into slivers, about ½ inch (1 cm) thick. (This is easily done when partially frozen.)
Heat oil in a large frying pan. Over a medium heat, sauté orange rind, ginger, garlic, and chili peppers for 5 minutes. Add ¼ cup (60 mL) orange juice, vinegar, soy sauce and chicken.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove chicken and keep warm. Discard chili pepper.
Dissolve corn starch in 2 Tbsp (30 mL) orange juice. Raise heat; add cornstarch mixture to juices in pan, stirring constantly until thickened and clear.
Replace chicken and coat thoroughly.
Serve on a bed of rice, or soft Chinese noodles.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange zest, grated
- 1-2 tsp (5 mL) ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 chili pepper, dried
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch