Add drumsticks to slow cooker.
Combine remaining ingredients (except for cornstarch, water, and cilantro) and pour over chicken in slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
To thicken sauce, mix cold water and cornstarch in small saucepan. Pour in pan juices from slow cooker and boil over medium heat until thickened.
To serve place chicken on platter and garnish with minced cilantro. Serve sauce with chicken.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 14 skinless chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) demerara brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) cloves, ground
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) tamari
- 2 tsp (10 mL) garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro, fresh, minced