- Heat 1 teaspoon (5 mL) each oil and butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken fillets to skillet and sauté until cooked through and golden brown – about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Slice green onions, shred beet greens and grate beets and set aside.
- Heat remaining teaspoon (5 mL) each of oil and butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté green onions 1 minute. Stir in beet leaves and continue cooking until they are tender but still bright green, about 2 minutes. Stir in red wine vinegar and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add grated beets and the water to same skillet; cover and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and continue cooking until beets are tender and water is almost evaporated, stirring often, about 1 minute. Add honey and toss again.
- Add cooked chicken back to skillet and mix with vegetables. Serve hot.
One large garden beet yielded 2 cups (500 mL) grated beets and 4 cups (1 Litre) shredded greens.