Simple Chicken Souvlaki Pitas with Tzatziki
- Cut chicken thighs into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Add to a plastic bag along with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, pepper, salt and oregano. Seal bag and use your hands to work marinade through chicken. Place in refrigerator to marinate 1 hour or preferably overnight.
- Thread chicken pieces onto four skewers. If you don’t have metal skewers, soak bamboo skewers in water 20 minutes so they don’t burn on the grill.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill skewers for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Turn so the chicken browns evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Shred romaine and add with cucumber to salad bowl. Meanwhile, cut cherry tomatoes in half. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Warm pitas on the grill or in the oven five minutes before serving.
- To serve, spread inside of pocket pita with Tzatziki sauce, followed by salad and warm grilled chicken pieces. Serve remaining Tzatziki on the side.