- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Peel and cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) cubes. Cut the onion in half vertically. Peel and cut each half into four chunks each lengthwise. Cut the parsnips into 1 inch (2.5 cm) chunks. Add vegetables to a large bowl with the chicken breasts. Toss with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, basil, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread out on large baking sheet or roasting pan. Roast for 45 minutes until cooked through or chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Flip pieces over during cooking.
- Make the honey red wine reduction while the chicken and vegetables are roasting by combining the balsamic vinegar, red wine and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half (about 20-25 minutes).
- To serve place roast chicken and vegetables on a platter. Drizzle sauce over. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
For a gluten free version make sure you choose a balsamic vinegar without added wheat or gluten. Alternately, use red wine vinegar.