- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Oil or spray ramekins with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Arrange two slices of smoked chicken over bottoms and up sides of each ramekin to cover.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a small skillet. Dice onion and cooked chicken. Sauté until onions are soft – about 4 minutes. Add fresh chopped basil last minute of cooking and stir until just to wilted.
- Crack an egg into each ramekin. Divide the cooked onion and chicken mixture evenly among the dishes.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into 1/8ths and sprinkle over ramekins. Finish with a sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Place on baking tray and bake in preheated over 20-25 minutes or until eggs are set to your liking.
For a scrambled egg version, add a little milk to the eggs and beat.
Individual servings can be baked in small ramekins or oven-proof bowls that hold 8 fluid ounces (250 mL) and have a bit of head space as eggs puff up during baking.