Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Chop the pretzels into small pieces; discard fine pretzel dust. Toss the pieces with the Parmesan and butter; set aside. Cut each chicken breast through the center, leaving one side intact, so it opens like a book. Stir the mustard with the green onion, salt and pepper. Brush all over the inside of the chicken. Place a slice of ham in the centre of each piece; fold over to enclose.
Brush the tops of the chicken with egg and sprinkle with the pretzel mixture over top; press lightly to adhere. Arrange chicken on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165ºF (74ºC) when inserted into the center of the largest chicken breast.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pretzels
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) honey mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices black forest ham
Serve with additional honey mustard for dipping.