In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook shallots and mushrooms in oil for 5 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 2 to 3 minutes until shrimps are pink. With slotted spoon, remove mixture from skillet and set aside.
Cook chicken in same skillet for 5 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C). Add snow peas and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Return shrimp mixture to skillet.
Stir in wine, deglazing the pan. Stir in whipping cream, salt, thyme, pepper and tomato.
Simmer sauce about 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Spoon sauce over cooked pasta and top with lots of Parmesan cheese.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 4 oz (115 g) snow peas
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35% (whipping) cream
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) thyme, dried
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
- 1 tomato(es), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) pasta shells
- Parmesan cheese, grated