Mediterranean Chicken & Pasta Frittata
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook pasta according to package directions in plenty of unsalted water until al dente.
- Coat the bottom of a 12-inch (30 cm) deep-dish pie plate with 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) of olive oil. Arrange the cooked pasta over bottom and scatter with pieces of the goat cheese.
- Blend eggs with the yogurt, chili pepper flakes and oregano until well mixed. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta. Bake frittata in a hot oven on centre rack for 30 minutes or until the frittata is set and lightly browned and a knife inserted into centre comes out clean. Remove from oven.
- While the frittata is baking, prepare the vegetable and chicken topping. Heat remaining olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the diced red onion, minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, red pepper strips and cooked chunks of chicken until vegetables are just softened. Stir in balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice and freshly ground pepper. Toss basil with the vegetable mixture. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread the cooked vegetables and chicken over the top of the frittata. Sprinkle with the grated Romano cheese. Cut into six wedges. Serve with the yogurt sauce on the side.