- Mix ground chicken, herbs, tomatoes, onions, oatmeal and egg. Shape into four rectangles about ¾ inch (2 cm) thick. With the back of a teaspoon, make a depression in the center of each burger. This helps cook the center of the burger more quickly.
- Preheat barbecue to medium heat. Put burgers and red pepper on the grill.
- Cook burgers for about 7-9 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 165°F (74°C).
- Grill pepper until skin is blackened on all sides. Remove pepper from the grill and cool slightly. Peel off skin, remove stem and seeds, and cut pepper in four.
- Heat garlic bread according to package instructions and cut four slices slightly wider than the burgers. Serve burgers on garlic bread, topped with roasted red pepper and Asiago cheese.
Use 4 Tbsp (60 mL) sundried tomato feta cheese instead of the Asiago cheese. Divide feta in four and crumble over the burgers.