Layer all of ingredients in the order shown in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours, until hot and bubbling. Stir after one hour. At the end of cooking the cheeses will be melted and can be thoroughly combined. Turn setting to warm.
Serve with your choice of dippers.
- Serves: 12
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken breast(s), cooked, chopped
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) herb & garlic cream cheese, 27 % MF
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups (500 mL) mozzarella cheese, part skim, 16.5% MF, grated
- 1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed and torn
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pesto
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) almonds, sliced
A “fix it and forget it” kind of recipe that is good for casual entertaining or potlucks. Substitute any kind of chopped nuts or grated cheese for the almonds and mozzarella. Walnuts and Swiss cheese also work well. Serve with pita wedges, crackers, sliced baguette and/or an array of sliced fruits like pears and apples.