- Finely dice the green pepper and onion and add to a mixing bowl. Add mashed potatoes, ground chicken, salt, cayenne pepper (optional), black pepper, poultry seasoning and one egg. Mix until well combined. Clean hands work best.
- Measure out ½ cup (125 mL) portions to make 8 patties. Gently round the patties and flatten to ½ to ¾ (1.5-2 cm) thickness.
- Combine flour and paprika on a plate and spread out. Push patties into flour on both sides.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in non-stick skillet. Fry four patties at a time (two batches) over moderate heat until lightly browned on each side - about 5 minutes per side. Place on a plate and keep warm in a low oven.
- Poach eggs while patties are cooking.
- To serve, top each patty with a hot, well-drained poached egg. Dust with paprika and serve at once.
If you don't need a gluten free version substitute whole wheat flour.