Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Whisk vinegar, oil, water, sugar and Dijon mustard together. Brush bread slices with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of this dressing.
Brush chicken breasts with another 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of dressing. Grill chicken 10-15 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer inserted into the thickest piece reads 165°F (74°C). When cool, remove meat from bone and slice cross-wise across the grain into strips.
Meanwhile, grill bread slices until lightly toasted on both sides, turning over after 30 seconds.
Quarter cherry tomatoes and mix with fresh shredded Asiago cheese; set aside. Tear lettuce into pieces and toss with thinly sliced onions and remaining ¼ cup (60 mL) dressing; spoon onto four serving plates. Top each with sliced cooked chicken, tomato mixture and freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with ½ cup or 20 g package (125 mL) hand-torn basil leaves. Serve each salad with two pieces of grilled whole-grain baguette.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 bone-in, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 8 slices whole grain baguette, sliced 1 inch thick
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Asiago cheese, grated
- 4 cups (1 L) Boston lettuce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) basil, fresh