Grilled Beer & Honey Chicken with Barley & Lentil Salad
- Make marinade by combining vinegar, beer, honey, Dijon mustard, 2 minced garlic cloves and parsley, black pepper and salt in jar with lid. Shake and pour over chicken pieces in a zip lock bag. Seal bag and carefully flip bag around to distribute marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and preferably overnight.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil. Stir in barley and lentils. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until tender according to package directions. Do not overcook as they will become mushy. Drain any remaining broth and set aside to cool
- Chop onion, zucchini and carrots and mince last garlic clove and add to large bowl. Mix in cooked barley and lentils. Add dressing ingredients: cider vinegar, canola oil, freshly ground black pepper and minced dill weed. Top with sunflower seeds.
- Grill chicken thigh over medium-high heat for 10 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Baste with reserved marinade during cooking.
- To serve mound chicken in centre of platter. Spread barley lentil salad around outside and garnish with sprigs of dill weed (optional). You may also make individual salad plates using the same approach.