Gin & Tonic Kabobs
- Soak 8-10 bamboo skewers in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut boneless skinless chicken into 2 inch (5 cm) cubes and place in large bowl or plastic zip lock bag.
- Pour gin and tonic over chicken and mix. Add lime juice, lime zest, mint, salt, pepper, spices (cinnamon, coriander, anise seeds) and mix again. Leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours. The gin is strong so it is not recommended that you marinate overnight.
- Cut red onion into chunks.
- Skewer chicken kabobs alternating between red onion and chicken cubes. Set the skewers on large platter and baste with additional marinade.
- Grill (or broil) for 20 minutes or until the onions begin to brown slightly and chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Turn the skewers to ensure even cooking. Serve with Mint Tabouleh (recipe below).