- Preheat oven to 350°F (190°C).
- Cut peppers in half vertically through the stems and discard inner seeds and membranes. Keep the stems on as they look nice and help to hold in the filling.
- Mix ground chicken with cooked rice and remainder of ingredients.
- Fill peppers with chicken and rice mixture. You can mound them fairly high. Arrange in a baking dish and add a cup of water to bottom of baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until ground chicken stuffed peppers are thoroughly cooked and no hint of pink remains in the ground chicken.
You can use leftover cooked rice in this recipe. Any cooked grain would work well such as barley or millet. If you have leftover filling bake it in a small oven proof bowl and use it as a mini-meatloaf for sandwiches or wraps. You can also pack leftover peppers in lunches.