Cook jasmine rice according to package directions in low sodium chicken broth.
Cut green pepper in slivers and trim ends from snow peas.
Heat canola and sesame oils with red pepper flakes and ground ginger over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet. Stir-fry sliced mushrooms, green pepper, snow peas and match sticks carrots until tender crisp. Stir in diced cooked chicken and season with soya sauce and heat through.
Combine cooked vegetables and chicken with rice in a large bowl and mix well. Mound on a large serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds, minced coriander (cilantro) and thinly sliced green onions.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 cups (500 mL) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, diced
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) jasmine rice, dry
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) snow peas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) hot red chile pepper flakes
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, ground
- 8 oz (230 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrots, cut in 1-inch matchsticks
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, fresh, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) green onions, thinly sliced
A healthier version of a Chinese restaurant classic. Use packaged sliced mushrooms and “match sticks” carrots for extra convenience.