Beat eggs and combine with ground chicken, minced cilantro, finely-torn bread, minced garlic, sesame oil, five spice powder and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well by hand.
Divide meat mixture into 6 equal pieces and then divide each piece further into 6 equal size cocktail meatballs about 1 inch (2.5 cm) each. Roll and place on baking sheet that has been sprayed with vegetable oil.
Bake at 400ºF (200ºC) for 15 minutes. Flip them over. Continue cooking meatballs in oven for 10 minutes or until no longer pink inside (meat thermometer registers 165ºF (74ºC). Add to slow cooker.
Combine remaining ingredients for sauce and pour over meatballs. Stir gently to coat.
Cover; cook on high setting for 1-2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm on low-setting for up to 2 hours.
- Serves: 48
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 lb (1 kg) extra lean ground chicken
- 2 eggs, medium
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, fresh, minced
- 2 slices bread, finely-torn
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil, toasted
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) black pepper, freshly-ground
- 1 can cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot red chili pepper flakes
Full of sweet heat! Serve these garlicky meatballs at cocktail hour or over rice as a main course. Double the sauce ingredients and reserve half for dipping as an appetizer.