- Cut garlic scapes into 1 inch (2.5 cm) segments and chop finely in a food processor.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a soup pot. Add minced garlic scapes and sauté a few minutes.
- Cut carrots in half length-wise and slice into half moons. Slice celery into similar thickness. Add to garlic scapes with the minced sage, paprika and freshly ground black pepper. Sauté five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken broth, wild rice and cooked chopped chicken. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in snow peas. Cook a few minutes more until peas are tender crisp.
- Season with salt. How much salt to add is a matter of preference but this also depends on the saltiness of your broth. If you used ready-to-serve broth the soup may require no additional salt.
- To serve ladle into bowls and garnish with minced fresh parsley and a fresh sprig or two of green garlic.
1 cup garlic scapes can be substituted by 6-10 cloves garlic and a few spring/green onions (about ½ cup – 125 mL).