Cut each breast half horizontally, without cutting all the way through, and open like a book.
Stuff the breasts with mango slices, 15 ml (1 tablespoon) cilantro and 15 ml (1 tablespoon) pistachios. Close breast halves and secure with toothpicks.
In a large frying pan, heat 15 ml (1 tablespoon) olive oil and brown chicken breasts over high heat for about 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
In the same pan, heat the rest of the oil and sauté peppers over medium heat for 3 or 4 minutes.
Add coconut milk and curry and stir well.
Add chicken to sauce and simmer 10 minutes on low heat, until juices run clear or a meat thermometer indicates an internal temperature of 77 ºC (170 ºF).
When the chicken is cooked through, add the rest of the cilantro and pistachios and the lime juice. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serve with lemon basmati rice.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) boneless chicken breasts halves
- 1-2 mangoes, finely-sliced
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) pistachio nuts, unsalted and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 red pepper(s), cut into strips
- 1 can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- lime juice, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste