Begin by making the stir-fry sauce by combining the peanut butter, hoisin, miso, lime, vinegar, sugar and sambal oelek. Set aside.
Prepare all of the vegetables. Heat the canola oil in a non-stick skillet over high heat. Sear the chicken until golden on the outside.
Add the vegetables and stir continuously over high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup (60 mL) of water and continue to stir. Add the sauce, remove from heat and stir.
Plate the stir-fry with the rice and top with the peanuts and the sliced green onion.
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 tsp (5 mL) canola oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken thigh, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sweet pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) broccoli florets
- 2 baby bok choy, halved
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) baby corn, halved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) peanut butter, smooth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) white miso paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sambal oelek
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown rice, cooked