Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- In a medium-sized shallow bowl, combine soy sauce, sherry, lemon rind and juice, and whisk in oil.
- Cut chicken into strips (4 inches x ½ inch / 10 cm x 1 cm).
- Add chicken to soy mixture and marinate covered in refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Thread chicken onto wooden skewers (8 inch / 20 cm)*, 2 strips per skewer. Cook on barbecue 4 minutes, turning once.
- Add 1 piece cantaloupe to each skewer and cook 1 minute longer or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F (74°C).
- Serve 4 skewers per person with peanut sauce for dipping.