- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Spread pasta sauce over rice cake. Place on baking tray.
- Layer on vegetables: baby spinach leaves, finely diced red onion, mushrooms and red pepper.
- Top with shredded chicken followed by shredded cheese and a sprinkle of your favourite seasoning blend like sun-dried tomato & herb. They will be mounded high but they will bake down.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until heated through and cheese is lightly browned.
Compared to bread, plain rice cakes are lower in carbohydrate and one 10 gram plain rice cake counts as half of a grain choice.