Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Spread pasta sauce over rice cake. Place on baking tray.
Layer on vegetables: baby spinach leaves, finely diced red onion, mushrooms and red pepper.
Top with shredded chicken followed by shredded cheese and a sprinkle of your favourite seasoning blend like sun-dried tomato & herb. They will be mounded high but they will bake down.
Bake 10-12 minutes until heated through and cheese is lightly browned.
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 2 rice cakes, brown rice or buckwheat (10 grams each)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) pasta sauce, low sodium
- 5 baby spinach leaves, fresh
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) onion, diced
- 1 mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sweet pepper, red, diced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chicken breast, roasted/cooked, diced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mozzarella cheeese, part skim milk 16.5% MF, shredded
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) sun-dried tomato & herb blend, no salt or your favourite seasoning blend
Compared to bread, plain rice cakes are lower in carbohydrate and one 10 gram plain rice cake counts as half of a grain choice.