Cut chicken into strips.
Dice peppers into medium size pieces, about 1/2-inch (1.25 cm). Slice mushrooms, dice onion and mince garlic.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in prepared vegetables. Cook and stir until vegetables are heated through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add chicken strips, salsa, black beans or black olives. Stir to mix.
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
Place tortillas on baking sheet. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Put 1/4 of chicken and vegetable mixture on half of the tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Garnish with banana peppers if desired.
Bake quesadillas in preheated oven until the cheese has melted. About 12 minutes.
Serve with side dishes of salsa and sour cream.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3 chicken breast(s), cooked
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 3 assorted peppers (red, orange, yellow, green), diced
- 1 onion(s), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black beans, (optional garnish)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) black olives, (optional garnish)
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) marble cheese, grated
- banana pepper(s), (optional garnish)
- 4 tortillas, 10 inch (25 cm)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream