Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
In bowl, combine ground chicken, eggs,1/2 cup (125 mL) of bread crumbs, romano cheese, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic and pepper.
Form 48 meatballs from this mixture.
Insert one of the small cubes of Provolone cheese into each meatball and then reshape ground chicken to cover cheese.
Grease baking sheet with the 2 Tbsp of oil.
Place remaining bread crumbs in bowl. Coat each meatball with bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.
Bake in oven until the meatballs are fully cooked, about 40 minutes. Meatballs should reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Remove from tray and serve with your favourite tomato sauce.
- Serves: 48
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 1 lb (0.5 kg) ground chicken
- 2 egg(s), large, beaten
- 1 cup (250 mL) seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) parsley, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) basil, fresh, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) basil, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) oregano, dried
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) pepper
- 1/2 lb (0.3 kg) Provolone cheese, cut into 48 small cubes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil