Chicken Jerk Wraps with Lime Mayo
- Sprinkle Jamaican Jerk Rub (recipe below) evenly over the chicken breasts and place in a 3.5L / 4 quart crock of the slow cooker. Bone-in breasts provide better flavour for the meat and sauce.
- Sprinkle with fresh, minced thyme. Add water to crock pot down the side of the crock to avoid washing off the rub which will create a dark coating over the chicken pieces. Cover, cook on low-heat for 7 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours.
- Dice the sweet pepper. Cut mango into larger pieces, peel and dice to the size of the peppers. Combine peppers, mango and shredded green cabbage in a bowl.
- Remove chicken from cooker and allow to cool 5 minutes, reserving cooking juices. When cool enough to handle, remove chicken from the bone and slice pieces across the grain and place in a shallow bowl. Season sliced chicken with cooking juices from the crock pot and fresh lime juice.
- To assemble, spread each tortilla with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of the Lime Mayo (recipe below) and 1/8th of the chicken mixture in centre of each tortilla. Top with ¼ cup (50 mL) vegetables and 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of black beans. Fold up one side of each tortilla; fold in side edges. Roll up to serve. Cut each wrap in half on a diagonal and place on a platter.
- Sprinkle any remaining vegetable mixture around wraps for garnish. Alternately, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) slices for appetizers.