- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare a large baking pan (16 x 12 inches – 40 x 30 cm) by spraying with vegetable oil cooking spray or coating with oil.
- Prepare vegetables by slicing zucchini into thick rounds about ½ inch (1.25 cm) thick. Slice mushrooms and red peppers into rings the same thickness as zucchini. Place zucchini rounds over the bottom of the baking pan and top with a red pepper ring.
- Set the chicken thighs in the centre of the zucchini and pepper rounds. If you have any peppers left chop and add to casserole. Scatter mushrooms in spaces between chicken thighs.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken and vegetables. Use ¼ cup (60 mL) water to wash out remaining sauce from bottle. Pour over.
- Sprinkle dried basil and thyme over casserole. Follow with the shredded parmesan cheese. Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until chicken is cooked through and the cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.
If you want a gluten-free version make sure you use gluten-free pasta and Marinara sauce.