Place each chicken breast between two sheets of plastic wrap. With a meat tenderizer, pound chicken breasts to flatten to about ½ inch (1.25 cm) thick.
Melt butter (or margarine) over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet. Sauté breasts about 3 minutes on each side until golden.
Add apple cider, onion, garlic and minced thyme. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Remove chicken and keep warm.
Heat liquid to boiling. Add mustard to skillet and stir until well blended. Add apple slices and simmer a few minutes more until they are just tender.
To serve pour apples and sauce over chicken. Garnish with a fresh sprig of thyme (optional).
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) apple cider
- 1 cup (250 mL) white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thyme, fresh, minced
- 4 sprigs thyme, fresh
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 Gala apples, cored and cut into ½ inch (1.25 cm) slices