Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
Mix together the hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, ketchup, honey, sesame oil and Thai-style hot chili sauce (e.g., Sriracha brand) in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. Set aside.
Add chicken drum sticks to above marinade and mix well. If using a bag, remove as much air as possible, seal and mix well using hands over outside of bag to coat all pieces. Marinate one hour and preferably overnight.
Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes and until internal temperature registers 165°F (74°C). Turn chicken drums and baste with extra sauce half way through cooking.
Serve baked chicken drumsticks sprinkled with the sesame seeds and sliced green onion.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) hoisin sauce, ready-to-serve
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) ketchup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil, toasted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Thai-style hot sauce (like Sriracha)
- 8 chicken drumsticks, bone-in, skin off
- 2 green onions, fresh, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds, whole, dried (white or black)
While you are at it you may want to double the recipe, placing sauce ingredients and chicken for a second meal in a plastic resealable bag. Freeze immediately. To use, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
*Recipe image depicts skin-on drums.