- Core and scald cabbage in boiling water. Add 1 Tbsp (15mL) vinegar to water (keeps cabbage firm). Begin peeling leaves from cabbage as they become tender. Cut away rib (put to side) and tear leaf in half or appropriate size for rolling.
- Cook rice (do not cover) and add desired amount of butter or margarine to separate kernels. Sauté onions and garlic cloves in the oil. Add ground chicken and fry until meat separates and is lightly browned. Add salt and pepper.
- Combine rice, browned chicken, beef soup mix and a slightly beaten egg and mix thoroughly. Add additional seasoning to taste.
- Place approximately 1½ to 2 Tbsp filling on cabbage leaf and fold tucking in ends. Place rolls into a greased pan which has been lined with the ribs cut away from the cabbage leaves and any extra leaves.
- Combine and mix above ingredients and pour over cabbage rolls. Top with cabbage leaves. Cover and bake at 325°F for 2 to 2½ hours.