Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Ricotta and Sweet Potato
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine, sweet potato, ricotta cheese, egg, basil, chives and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place chicken breast topside down on a cutting board. With a sharp knife held horizontally and starting 1/2-inch from the top, cut the chicken lengthwise (being careful not to cut all the way through), leaving a 1/2-inch (1 cm) boarder at the bottom. Gently open, with your fingers to form a small pocket. With your knife inside the cut, make another small cut sideways on each “wall” of your first cut to form a small pocket. Repeat with the remaining breasts.
- Divide the sweet potato mixture between the breasts and gently stuff each pocket. Close the chicken over the filling and secure using two toothpicks, if necessary. Rub 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of olive oil evenly over the breasts and sprinkle with parsley.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining oil on medium-high heat; brown chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Place on rack on rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 165°F (74°C). Let chicken rest for five minutes; remove toothpicks if used and serve.