Cook fettuccine in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 10 minutes) or according to package directions.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and fry for 30-seconds. Stir in cream cheese and milk, whisk until smooth. Whisk in Parmesan cheese and cook for 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Add chicken, spinach and salt and continue to cook until chicken is heated through and spinach has wilted, about 5 minutes.
Reserve ½ cup (125 mL) pasta water. Drain fettuccine and return to the pot. Stir ¼ cup (60 mL) pasta water into the Alfredo sauce. Add pasta and cook on high for 1 minute to combine. Top with fresh black pepper and extra Parmesan cheese. Divide and serve between heated pasta bowls.
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 3/4 lb (0.4 kg) fettuccine
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz (115 g) light cream cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Parmesan cheese, additional for serving
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed baby Spinach
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) kosher salt plus additional for pasta
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) freshly ground black pepper