Butterflied Herb and Lemon Grilled Chicken
- Heat grill on high. Cut the top off the garlic bulb (not the root end). Place the garlic on a piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil, and close foil around garlic to seal. Place on grill. Close cover of grill and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Remove from grill and allow to cool until able to handle. Squeeze garlic cloves out of bulb into bowl of a processor.
- To garlic, add all ingredients for herb and lemon sauce. Process until smooth and reserve.
- Place rosemary and thyme under chicken skin. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken, skin side down on grill. Grill for 5 minutes then turn. Close grill, reduce heat to medium, and continue to grill for 25-30 minutes or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh reads 165°F (74°C).
- Remove from grill and place chicken on a cutting board. Allow chicken to rest for 15 minutes. Place on serving dish and drizzle generously with herb and lemon sauce.
- Garnish with fresh lemon slices and parsley sprigs. Serve.