Bulgur Chicken Burgers with Yogurt Sauce
- Pour ½ cup (125 mL) boiling water over dry bulgur and leave 5-10 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Beat egg and mix with ground chicken in bowl. Sprinkle in dry mustard, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Shape into 6 equal size patties. Store burgers in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- Spray BBQ grill with vegetable oil cooking spray and preheat on medium heat. Grill burgers with the lid closed until a thermometer inserted into the centre of the burger reads 165ºF (74ºC) - about 9 minutes per side.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on bottom of bun and top with yogurt sauce (below). More traditional eaters can enjoy their burger with the usual accompaniments.