Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
Cut off and discard wing tips, if the drumette and wing are not separated, as tips tend to burn and don’t have much meat.
Cut wings into two by separating at the joint.
Mix together soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, fresh squeezed lime juice, cayenne and allspice in a large bowl.
Place wings in bowl and toss to evenly coat wings.
Spray a baking pan with vegetable oil spray and spread wings out on tray. Reserve marinade for basting.
Roast wings until skin is crispy and brown for about 50 minutes or until cooked through. Baste after 10 minutes and again two more times with reserved sauce using it all up.
Remove from oven. Place on serving platter and garnish with sliced green onions and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- 24 chicken wings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice, fresh
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) allspice
- 1 cup (250 mL) green onion(s), thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds